by Geri Walton ~ November 11th, 2008
- Choose High-Water Content Foods. Foods that have high-water content help make you feel full but have fewer calories than other foods. These foods include soup, whole fruits, and whole vegetables.
- Eat Breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day to help manage weight. Eating breakfast means you’ll be less likely to overeat.
- Remain Calm. If you’re upset, you’re more likely to overeat, so find ways to stay calm. For instance, meditation can help you find calmness even when you’re experiencing turbulence.
- Slow Down. It takes twenty minutes for your body to realize you’re full. So, if you slow down and take your time to eat a leafy green salad, by the time the main course arrives, you’ll be less likely to overeat.
- Snack Between Meals. Who would think the way to stay slim is to snack, but it’s true. Snacks prevent you from feeling famished between meals. Plus, if you choose fiber or protein snacks—fruit, whole wheat crackers with cheese, peanut butter on celery, or nuts—you’ll be less likely to overeat when it comes to meal time.