Anxiety and panic attacks can turn your world upside down; however, you have a great chance of getting your world back under control with several anxiety remedies. These anxiety natural remedies include audiobooks, books, CDs, and workbooks and they use such methods as guided imagery, self-hypnosis, and cognitive-behavioral techniques, as well as a new revolutionary technique called acceptance and commitment therapy, or ACT.
- Audiobook. If you’re not into reading but still want to gain the wisdom necessary to overcome an obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), this audiobook titled Brain Lock may be just the thing you’re looking for because it provides a four-step method to help you overcome irrational impulses through relabeling, reattributing, refocusing, and revaluing.
- Book. If you suffer from social anxiety, probably the best book on the market to deal with it is Diagonally-Parked in a Parallel Universe: Working Through Social Anxiety. It was written by social psychologist Dr. Signe A. Dayhoff. For anxiety in general, there is When Panic Attacks: The New, Drug-Free Anxiety Therapy That Can Change Your Life written by Dr. David D. Burns. It contains accessible, practical, and helpful tools to deal with anxiety.
- CD. Anxiety Free: Unravel Your Fears Before They Unravel You was written by international renowned cognitive therapist Robert L. Leahy, PhD. Leahy has devised a revolutionary treatment program that has helped thousands of people to overcome anxiety, and he tells you how to do it on his CD.
- Guided Imagery. This one-hour plus CD helps you leave behind the “fight or flight” feelings that may cause your anxiety. Based on guided imagery techniques created by physician, acupuncturist, and holistic healer, Dr. Martin L. Rossman. Rossman’s Anxiety Relief helps you learn how to solve problems and convert fear into positive energy. It also shows you how to achieve deep mind-body relaxation.
- Self-Hypnosis. This effective self-hypnosis program was created by psychologist Dr. James E. Walton and is titled eHypnotapes: Tension Relief. The program promises to help anxiety sufferers let go of anxiety and replace unwanted feelings with centeredness and empowerment. In fact, “one listener remarked the CD is like a hot tub for the mind.”
- Workbook. The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety: A Guide to Breaking Free from Anxiety, Phobias, and Worry Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy was designed by the director of the Anxiety Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, California, Edmund J. Bourne, PhD. Bourne’s workbook uses ACT techniques and can be used either privately or in conjunction with professional therapy.
If you want to learn more about other anxiety natural remedies, diet may play a part. To learn what you need to know about diet, read Foods to Avoid for Anxiety and Anxiety Reducing Nutritional Aids. To learn how aromatherapy and essential oils may help, read Anxiety: Essential Aromatherapy. To address the mind, body, spiritual, and emotional aspects of anxiety in a holistic manner, read the The Worry of Anxiety.