If you want great looking eyes, here’s a few makeup tips to help you.
- Add Drama. Most women who wear mascara just put on one coat. Adding an extra coat gives your eyes drama, and when you apply an extra bit to the outside edges, it opens your eyes and makes them appear larger. Another thing let each coat dry before applying the next, and then brush your eyelashes with an eyelash comb to get rid of any clumps.
- Blend Colors. My friend Terri, who is a makeup artist, claims the biggest mistake women make with eyeshadow is they don’t blend it. Whenever you use more than one color, blend the colors together so, there’s no definite line. The colors should blend one into another so you can’t see the start or the end.
- Choose Complimentary Eye Shadows. When selecting an eye shadow select colors that compliment your skin tone and eye color. Brown or beige is usually a good choice because they’re neutral colors and they’re always in fashion. Apply the lighter color over the entire eyelid. Then use a darker color to highlight the crease, and, if you’re older, lift the eye by putting the highlight just a bit above the crease. If you use a cream you need to set it with powder so it won’t smear.
- Eliminate Fine lines and wrinkles. Here’s an easy tip to draw attention away from your fine lines and wrinkles. Line your eyes with either a brown or black eye liner.
- Select a Good Mascara. I’ve tried dozens, and the one I like the best is a new one by Cover Girl. It comes in a bit fat orange tube and is called Lash Blast Volume Blasting Mascara. I love it. The prickly brush is fantastic. It plumps up your lashes and prevents clumps. When applying it begin with the brush at the lash base and then wiggly it forward slowly to the end of the lashes so that you get good coverage. I usually start with the bottom lashes and then move to the top lashes, so I don’t end up with mascara under my eyes.